[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Congratulations to Bill Riles

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 9 October 2013, at 6:07 a.m.

In Response To: Congratulations to Bill Riles (Jake Jacobs)

I doubt if many people have any idea of how many hours of work and how much personal sacrifice and energy Perry put in. And it is a thankless job that is not only not appreciated very much, but there are some out there that for personal reasons, or even for honest disagreements about one thing or another, were extremely harsh and unfair. Fortunately, the detractors were few and far between and most of us know how lucky we have been to have Perry lead the way and set such a strong foundation.

Riles is a great choice which I support wholeheartedly. I have never known someone who's political views I hate so much, yet like the person so much personally, and that says a lot for his people-skills and leadership skills. But it's hard not to like a guy who is as passionate and devoted to backgammon as Bill.

I think Perry will tell you that he has had no more loyal and consistent supporter than me over the past years, and I intend for Bill to be able to say the same in the future.

For you few detractors and cynics, for any reasons you may have, please consider this: you don't have to agree with everything Bill does, and you don't have to like or agree with everything the USBGF does, but recognize that these people have no motive other than to help and grow the game and they give tirelessly of their time and effort, and they deserve our respect and support, or at the very least, do not attempt to undermine their, and the organization's efforts to improve and promote the game.

Fortunately, there are only a handful of people like that, as the huge majority of knowledgeable backgammon enthusiasts around the world see the need for and benefits of the USBGF and other national federations, and recognize the contributions of their leaders. (It just pisses me off when someone personally attacks anyone who gives so much of themselves for the game, or when some airhead rants against the USBGF because we are trying to corrupt children by encouraging them and their families to play backgammon...that because it pisses me off is exactly why I am not an officer or board member of the USBGF--I guess when I get older I will learn to turn the other cheek when some idiot with a personal vendetta tries to undermine the efforts of good people and a good organization).

Thanks, Perry, and Go Bill!!!!!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.