[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

USBGF 'PRIMETIME Backgammon' On-Line Magazine

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 13 October 2013, at 12:16 p.m.

In Response To: USBGF 'PRIMETIME Backgammon' On-Line Magazine (rew)

This is a wonderful suggestion, but getting giants to write articles, with a few exceptions, is like pulling teeth.

I record 2-3 videos a week on the USBGF facebook page and web site giving insights into specific cube and checker plays, and rather than do them myself, I am constantly looking for giants to join me and give their comments and insights. It only take 10-20 minutes tops, and we can do this via webex so we don't even have to get together, and it is very hard for me to get help. Stick, John O'Hagan, MCG, Sax, Koca and Hickey have helped a few times, but I invite any top player or anyone with particular insights on a specific position to join me any time...just email me and we'll set up a session.

Getting articles is even more difficult except for those prolific few that have shown they enjoy writing.

I agree it would be fantastic to get more insights from different experts--if you look at my interviews (all saved on backgammon galore) with many of the top players in the world, you will see very different perspectives and insights on virtually all areas of the game, and I have personally learned much after giving more thought to their comments.

So, not just Giants (we know many non-giants with incredible skills and insights into this game), if you are interested in doing a short video, an interview, or an article, let me know, please. The USBGF is a fantastic outlet and source of backgammon expertise for the entire backgammon community.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.