[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BG on android live

Posted By: Igor
Date: Monday, 14 October 2013, at 9:12 p.m.

In Response To: BG on android live (NJ)

Even though you say Nexus is big, in reality only 1% of our users are using the Nexus 10.

I'm not sure why you keep stressing that Nexus 10 is only 1% of the user base. Your app did not work on ANY of my Nexuses, not just Nexus 10. As long as you keep supporting devices with "lucky" resolutions only, I'm not interested in paying for your app to see if I win the "closest match" lottery -- I have no desire to go through the hassle of requesting a refund.

If other apps have boards that fit every single resolution, then they are either stretching their boards to fit, having part of their boards cut off, using vector drawing, or some other method that we currently don't use. This isn't to say that we won't do something similar in the future, but there are pros and cons for different methods. For now, we have chosen to develop our app the way we have, supporting the most popular devices.

I understand your lack of desire to adapt your app properly for Android platform -- it would require you to rewrite part of the code dealing with your non-scalable graphics that works perfectly on fixed resolution iPaid ecosystem. Even if I had a "lucky" device now my next one might not be on the list, and then I'm screwed again.

It is your business and your decision to make. I, as a consumer, have only one power -- to vote with my wallet, for no other argument will ever be heard by a for-profit business venture.

If you ever decide to make a proper Android port that is not tied to "lucky" devices only, let me know and I would happily reconsider.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.