[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Calculating wining chance and....

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2013, at 2:08 p.m.

In Response To: Calculating wining chance and.... (__1ERROR1__)

Over the board I wouldn't calculate, as if I'd never seen anything like this before. I'd compare the position to whatever I know about normal 5 point holding games — and double, and pass. You might be familiar with discussion about 5 point holding games in books by Kit Woolsey or Bill Robertie. Or you may have created your own reference positions. Or you might take a look at each of the positions below, modified from your original, and decide if a take is clearly right, or unclear, or clearly wrong. When you get to the last position (your original position), a take should seem clearly wrong, not so much because winning chances are much lower (if any) than the previous position, but because that blot on your 24 point cannot be a net asset. It allows your opponent to immediately point on you with 9 numbers, so you'll lose quite a few gammons, surely enough to turn a take into a pass.

White113

'2X2X2X2X3X1X ' ' ' '2O

'3O3O4O3X3O ' ' ' ' ' '
Blue75
Position ID: tu0CgAPungMGAA Match ID: cAkAAAAAAAAE

White127

'2X2X2X2X2X1X ' ' ' '2O

'3O3O4O4X3O ' ' ' ' ' '
Blue75
Position ID: tm0BwAPungMGAA Match ID: cAkAAAAAAAAE

White127

'2X2X2X2X2X1X ' ' ' '2O

'3O3O3O4X2O '2O ' ' ' '
Blue81
Position ID: tm0BwAPuzgwGAA Match ID: cAkAAAAAAAAE

White131

'2X2X2X2X2X1X ' ' ' '2O

1X3O3O3O3X2O '2O ' ' ' '
Blue81
Position ID: tm0BwCHuzgwGAA Match ID: cAkAAAAAAAAE

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.