[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 8 January 2007, at 8:10 a.m.

Match to 25, White leads 9 to 6
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Readers move 24/21 13/11

Stick moves 18/13 18/15*. I'm already up in the race, this roll & hitting puts me up even more and gives me a good chance to escape that last checker if you don't hit one of your flyers from the bar.

Readers move bar/21 11/5. You really have nothing else...you certainly can't break the midpoint and leave me a double shot and running off your anchor leaves me a double shot + you with no anchor! Burying a checker on the 2 pt. is premature as you're in no real trouble when you're hit. You really can't fall behind any more in the race than you already are. In fact, you may get lucky, I hit, and you find another anchor.

Stick moves 15/14*/10

I hope I wasn't ahead of myself in thinking this vote would be a landslide. If I was let me know so I don't do it again. If you come in on the 21 pt. then the ace is crystal, 6/5. The other option was grabbing the ace point anchor and slotting the 4 pt. with the 4. The 4-1 game is one of the more worthless backgames. Sure, you'd take it if it's all you had but your timing is suspect as is and you have a very playable play otherwise. I think taking the double anchor would be a whopper and felt the readers would know. Readers move bar/21 6/5

Stick moves 10/6 6/5(2)

Vote for today's OLM: Vote here

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.