[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Forgot... Senior event and double

Posted By: Rod
Date: Sunday, 20 October 2013, at 10:12 p.m.

In Response To: FL thoughts as the tournament is (mostly) over (Rod)

**Seniors**

Even tho I'm quite a bit away from being able to participate, I thought that Neal did something very interesting that likely increased participation in the event. Definitely got some to participate who wouldn't otherwise have done so.

Novices, advanced and open level players who played each other got 1 point to start for each difference in level. So, a novice player playing an open player started at 2-0 (to 5).

Seems to have created a far more social event where players of different levels mingled - something that doesn't happen all that frequently.

**Doubles**

Neal wanted me to take an advanced player on as my partner. I felt a bit pressured to do so and did without putting up much of any resistance. Neal certainly didn't do it for any reason other than to increase participation and make for a more involved tournament - and he had been a delightful director to that point (and subsequently, as I mentioned). But I wasn't uber thrilled.

However, Neil K makes a reasonable point that all doubles events should be pro-am. That would have, obviously, affected my feelings on the matter here.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.