[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Doubles events - pro / am

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Monday, 21 October 2013, at 4:46 p.m.

In Response To: Doubles events - pro / am (Keene)

2. Entry fees are staggered - something like $50 for the open player and $75 for the Advanced player. (or some other reasonable amount)

I'm assuming this means that the players are splitting the prize winnings? I hate this idea. The Advanced player has to pay for the privilege of playing with the big shot Open player? If the big shot really needs to be paid for the high honor of playing with him, let that guy negotiate his fee.

3. The Advanced player assumes the Captaincy - they will sit and roll and play for every game, and have final decision on all plays and cube decisions. It is the role of the Open player to advise, and make the case for their recommended play.

I really like this.

4. Random pairings - if you want to play in the event, then you sign up, once the appropriate number of entries are in, then the teams are drawn.

You're saying as opposed to continuous entry? I presume you don't mean that the Open player is randomly assigned to the Advanced/Novice player.

5. Must be clocked - but reasonably so - usual doubles time should work - 3m/18s

3/18 seems fine for doubles.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.