[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Sad Problem in Florida

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Monday, 21 October 2013, at 9:20 p.m.

In Response To: Sad Problem in Florida (Phil Simborg)

FYI Neal Gary Rosensweig,

I was the other person consulted, or one of them. This was not your first complaint of the weekend mind you, because I saw you asking for a monitor on a match with another player and your complaint was he was going to wave his arms and chant to the dice. IF that shit worked, nobody would ever lose.

Lucky Nelson may have cashed in some Open level event somewhere along the way because Lucky is willing to put his money where his mouth is, and wants to play the best. There is enough luck in backgammon that even a below average player HAS to win sometimes.

NGR will NOT put his money where his mouth is, he only wants to play with pigeons, unless he asks for a SPOT first. He took his money and left, and now threatens to quit BG forever.

I personally have never attended a tournament that Neal has been at, (and he only plays in Florida), where he wasn't complaining about something. I told this to Neal Weiner when he asked us for a ruling on this matter.

Neal only want to play the weak, and he won't put his money where his mouth is and that is the difference between him and Lucky Nelson. Lucky is a fine addition to any ABT event and a wonderful gentleman and enthusiastic supporter of backgammon in the USA. He can also play, a little... But he loves the action and that gets him in trouble sometimes at the open level. Not always, but mostly. Lucky has certainly earned a right to play @ the limited JP level.

In addition I am not sure that NGR has not WON an intermediate level event, in which case HE should be made to play in the open. However, he would probably quit backgammon before doing such a thing. IMHO, I would not want someone like NGR in my club, and I told the director and promoter they ought to suspend NGR for his whiny behavior at this event. Let him sit out the next weekly event and mess up his night, like he tried to do to their weekend.

I am told that NGR regularly cashes at the Florida club which has notable players such as the notorious Perry Gartner in it. Based on that, it seems quite reasonable that NGR ought to be asked to play in the OPEN division.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.