[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

FL thoughts as the tournament is (mostly) over

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 22 October 2013, at 3:22 p.m.

In Response To: FL thoughts as the tournament is (mostly) over (Bob Koca)

It was or became clock preferrence.

I insisted upon using a clock in all 3 of my Open matches and in my 2 doubles matches.

Two of my opps had no clock experience and I offered to play a practice game with them and they declined. They had no problems with the clock. Of course, I had to tell them to hit it a couple of times. I had to remind one player several times not to grab the dice until I'd completed my turn by hitting the clock. It never even crossed my mind to try to penalize anyone for fast grabbing.

We use clocks to insure that matches don't take too long and that the event isn't delayed too much. We also use clocks bcuz the procedure involved in play is preferable (greatly IMO) than when using two sets of dice.

We don't use clocks to try to take advantage of players who aren't familiar with them and of course we have patience with those club players and those who've just stepped up to Open.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.