[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A problem that could have been avoided

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Tuesday, 22 October 2013, at 5:55 p.m.

In Response To: A problem that could have been avoided (TarHeelFan)

There is a default mechanism in every flyer that I have ever seen, which simply states something to the effect that eligibility will be determined at the discretion of the Tournament Director. Some flyers include an eligibility committee.

To Neal's credit he called for a committee which quickly determined that Lucky should be allowed to play in the limited JP. I am quite sure that I am a better judge of eligibility than Mr. NGR.

When the ABT comes to town you can't really expect to be the best player, and most people relish the opportunity to compete at a higher level... Lucky was right where he ought to be, without any question.

NGR wanted to throw him under the bus, or more appropriately to the wolves, for his own personal gain. That is weak. Lucky entered the open, and the limited JP. Neal entered intermediate and limited JP, which is the stronger move? Lets face it when your local even becomes a regional event, there are going to be injuns in town and they are hunting for scalps. Malcolm made off with the most of them this time, but Rod and Ed O. got their share too. Mine was among them, carried on several of the injuns belts!

Neal had no qualms about Lucky paying twice the entry fee and sending him to the land of the Giants. Meanwhile he expected to toil in relative obscurity in the goldfish bowl.

Ironically, if Neal hadn't left he may well have drawn Susan Randall in the second round... Right after she scalped Lucky! Next year, I assume that NGR will want to exclude Susan Randall too.

NGR was offended that nobody called him up after he pulled his drama queen tantrum. He ought to be wondering why. He could have stuck around, I am sure he would have won the Jewish American Princess award. No matter, they can have his coronation at the next local event and present him with the tiara then. As a condition of winning this prestigious award, he will have to wear it for one year at every local tournament he enters.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.