[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why and why not? That's the question

Posted By: Rod
Date: Tuesday, 22 October 2013, at 6:30 p.m.

In Response To: Doubles -- why does an Open player want to play with an Advanced/Novice player (mamabear)

Why not?

Any number of reasons. But creating a points system that encourages it will perhaps overcome many or all of those reasons.

The biggest reason is probably stamina. I love playing in as many events as I can, as often as I can. I get precluded from entering more events because I'm usually alive in 1, 2, 3 or 4 events. In 2009 I would also play in all-night chous on top of that. I don't have the stamina to desire the all-night chous also anymore, though I could (and have at one tournament) pull it off if I had to. But I'm sure it takes a toll on my concentration and winning chance in the main and masters. It has to to some degree, since on anything less than a solid 8/9 hours I remain tired.

Why do some Pros need the, possibly literal, headache of participating in a doubles ProAm event? The most important thing is ABT points right now. It's not like any of the tournament participants go to tournaments trying to make a profit.

So it's not really a question of why wouldn't they - those reasons number many. It's more a matter of why they would - points and a demand from Ams.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.