[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Perry, the IBC and Bill

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Wednesday, 23 October 2013, at 9:07 p.m.

In Response To: Perry, the IBC and Bill (Rod)

Rod and all others --

The selection of this year's USA IBC team predated my assumption of my current position -- and actually preceded the August election of myself and Tara to the Board of Directors. So, though Tara is directing the IBC tournament, she received instruction as to the members of the USA team.

I do not know at this time how the team selection was made, who made the decisions, and what criteria was used. I might ask but it is really a moot point at this juncture.

I do know the procedure was not as transparent nor as definitive or structured as I would like.

My intent for future years is, with the advice and consent of the Board of Directors, to specifically define and to publish well in advance the selection criteria and the consequent acceptance procedure afforded those who have been selected -- they must accept and register within a specific time or forfeit their position; then we would proceed to the next candidate on the list, in order. In this manner there will be no questions of the team composition.

I imagine the selection procedure might be a mix of performance based qualifiers -- such as the prior IBC winner (if American), the USBGF National Champion, and the ABT champion, perhaps, as examples -- and of rankings such as perhaps those provided by the Giants of Backgammon. I will seek ideas and input from a wide range of those in the backgammon community.

Feel free to make suggestions, all will receive consideration.

Bill

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.