[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Impossible Move in Connecticut

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Tuesday, 29 October 2013, at 1:35 p.m.

In Response To: Impossible Move in Connecticut (Ken Larsen)

+1 to this being an argument in favor of legal moves.

There could be a ripple effect from incidents like this causing it to become an argument against clocks, which it shouldn't be.

This match was recorded on video, so there is something even better than a screenshot available.

To me, this one is in the same weight class as putting the wrong checker on the bar. The way it happened is impossible with what was rolled, though the position reached is possible in the sense that it could have been legally reached some other way. Whatever you rule in the case of putting yourself on the bar should be the ruling here IMO.

I was already a convert to "legal moves", since the bad-actor types who used to take advantage of the honest players when legal moves were in force, have now mostly been removed from the tournament scene. But if I were not already there, this incident might have been enough to convince me.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.