[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2009 - tournaments only or other matches too - how do you feel?

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Thursday, 31 October 2013, at 2:56 a.m.

In Response To: 2009 - tournaments only or other matches too - how do you feel? (David Presser)

Some TD's are big on the idea that procedural rules should be strictly observed (some of the rules, at least; others, not so much) and if you don't follow them, you deserve to be punished, if your opponent wants to punish you.

That kind of thinking about why we have rules and how we should enforce them doesn't appeal to me. I don't think it's good for the game. I think procedural rules exist to delineate how a match should proceed in an orderly fashion with clear and unconfusing actions.

Well before Bill Davis made his ruling, if it was a year ago, David Rockwell, I believe, presented here a cogent rationale for why one cannot pass one's turn, intentionally or inadvertently. Whether Bill has since changed his mind, I don't know. He also believes, last I heard, that if you put your own checker on the bar by mistake, that's a condonable illegal move. We don't agree about that, either.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.