[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My position on Premature Rolls

Posted By: greedygammon
Date: Monday, 4 November 2013, at 5:05 p.m.

In Response To: My position on Premature Rolls (Colin Owen)

If a player is using such behavior to gain an advanatage then of course there should be a penalty to deter it. Whatever the advantage they gained by rolling over your turn, penalize them such they they don't do it anymore. If they saved a few seconds penalize them 10x the time they think they saved. If they are pressuring you to finish your turn, and IF YOU DICIDE YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR MOVE, you can make them take back their roll and you make your changes and pick up your dice and they roll again. Penalty could be a fine for each time they do this increasing for each subsequent occurance. If it is the last roll of a game as in the example given above, the fast roll fule BECOMES IRRELLEVANT. I would say you can only make them roll again IF YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENT PLAY with your roll. INTENTIONALLY ALLOWING AN ILLEGAL MOVE is WRONG WRONG WRONG. It is no longer backgammon if we are breaking the rules of the freaking game. If you hit a blot coming down from the bar and stop your clock and in the same motion put the blot on the bar, this is a minor infraction. You could give player a warning and maybe a fine if they keep repeating it. But you CANNOT BREAK THE LAWS OF BACKGAMMON and demand the checker to be returned to the board and off the bar. This is NONSENSE!!!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.