[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Any merit to this? Doubting Thomas - the Disperse knack of bots

Posted By: svilo
Date: Wednesday, 6 November 2013, at 9:42 a.m.

In Response To: Any merit to this? (Stick)

Bots teach us to judge positions by their future value (something like calculation - visualizing and evaluation of future position - in chess). In the next 2-3 moves We will not break our primed anchor even if she lets us loose (but she won't). She will probably open up after 3-4 moves when we will probably have crashed our board. I have seen similar moves by the bots not once. Here we need to envisage the probable flow of events and what kind of board to keep. I guess the best would be to build a 1234 block and kill 6,5,4s. That is the reason of the 6/3 moves in so many candidates- killing 5s.

Since she won't force us out (one more guarantee for this is keeping in the outfield some reserve 6s to play), then we might as well disperse in order to make that vision board 1234 after 3-4 moves when we will be forced to leave and she will have wasted some behind us.

Now, Stick is completely right (according to XG) in the Money situation. But in an unlimited game I saw this:

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 116
1 point match
pip: 112
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=--AC-BBCB-a----bbbbccB----:0:0:1:33:0:0:0:1:10
Blue to play 33

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.