[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

That's not the point

Posted By: winfox
Date: Saturday, 9 November 2013, at 3:16 a.m.

In Response To: That's not the point (Jason Lee)

"I'm glad somebody has said this. I'm in no position to ascertain the truth of anything that's being said, but Rod's continuing posts about Perry just aren't good for backgammon. I'm saying this whether or not anything he's saying is true."

I don't have a clue what happened, and oddly enough that's irrelevant. On the strength of just the few posts in this thread, it seems someone believes someone else abused their authority and position, and attempted to derail a tournament and or club.

If the allegation is true, and I repeat I do not know either way, the charge is a bit more severe than littering and it should be good for backgammon to publicly air concerns, hopefully dig out the facts, and where necessary muster support for remedy. Inappropriate actions should not be buried, and by implication rewarded by inaction, simply because it might make some people uncomfortable. And conversely, if the allegation is found to be untrue the informant risks the consequences of braying at the moon.

I believe it is healthy for backgammon that loose canons working to their own interests or ego will not be tolerated, while it also sends the message that the democratic process is alive and well in the world of backgammon, and that those who hold positions of authority do so on merit and earn their respect.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.