[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Axe the ABT? Axe the Giants list? Axe the *World Championships*?

Posted By: christian munk-christensen
Date: Tuesday, 12 November 2013, at 10:10 a.m.

In Response To: Axe the ABT? Axe the Giants list? Axe the *World Championships*? (Stick)

I don't think we need to axe any of the 3. They all have some history/pedigree which carries a lot of weight. History is what makes the majors great in tennis and in golf, and I think the same applies in any sport.

Let's improve the existing by correcting the current flaws.

As for the Giants list, I already proposed which changes I recommend.

As for the WC in Monte Carlo, I think the main problem is the travel and accomodation cost which exceeds what many Americans are willing to pay. However, regardless of the venue, someone is bound to have to travel. In MC you at least have the upside of having many rich persons who are willing to participate despite not having much chance of winning. You probably won't find that in any other venue.

I believe added money is what attracts players. My recommendation is to sell the rights to stage the world championship: Whoever guarantees the highest amount of added money gets the right to stage the world championship in that year (standard format and rules need to be followed by whoever wins the right to stage the championship). The auction needs to take place well in advance to give the promotor a good chance to arrange the championship and the players a good chance to book their flights and accommodation.

I don't have any recommendations for the ABT.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.