[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Kill Em All

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Thursday, 14 November 2013, at 2:11 a.m.

In Response To: Kill Em All (Art Grater)

What’s good for the goose...

Jeb Horton wrote:

The ABT as it currently exists is simply the points race described in the second sentence. The only requirements to be an ABT tournament are that it must be at least 2 days, and you have to pay Bill the ABT fee.

Art Grater wrote:

Are you suggesting a mandatory $5 fee or a voluntary one for getting master points? A mandatory fee is not going to help attract those who doesn't care about master points. And it sounds like something government would do.

I assume that Art applies his criticism just as strongly to the ABT fee as he does to the hypothetical fee discussed in this thread.

Personally, I am fine with a charge, hidden or otherwise, that is paid to an organization that manages the awarding of master points. And I don’t think it should be optional. If you enter an ABT event, you should should not be allowed to opt out of the fees and points associated with such an event.

Let each tournament make its choice regarding master points and fees, and then let the players vote with their feet.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.