[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why create a system we know is flawed?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 17 November 2013, at 8:05 p.m.

In Response To: Why create a system we know is flawed? (Ken Larsen)

The Giants list is something entirely different from a rating or ranking system, and it was never intended to be that. You are comparing apples and oranges. The giants list is a voting of peers based on several, loose criteria.

Whether it existed or not, or should have existed or not, has nothing to do with the discussion about trying to develop a true system that rates people strictly on proven skill. I maintain that we do not have adequate data to do this fairly, but we can use the data we have to categorize levels of play, which are less definitive but still have reasonable credibility.

I am not throwing rocks at your proposal, and you are taking it far too personally. I think your proposal would be fine if, instead of assigning indivisual ranks to people, they were put in levels, and I think we would end up with a much fairer and more meaningful end product.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.