[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

O'Hagan's rule

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 18 November 2013, at 1:49 a.m.

In Response To: O'Hagan's rule (Ray Kershaw)

If I have 14 rolls that are really good for me, I have 14 market losers. But if there are 3 rolls that are terrible, I now have 11 "net" market losers.

We're not done. Before our next roll, our opponent can roll, and some of his rolls can be really bad for him/good for us, and should be added to the market losers. Some of his rolls could be wonderful for him, and those should be "anti-market losers" that we subtract from our net market losers.

So if the net number is 9 it usually is correct to double in a money game or NMS.

This sounds complicated, but for many types of positions it isn't really that hard. For example in a PVP position, it is quite easy and extremely accurate and works like a charm.

When your opponent has a 5 point or 7 point holding game, this methodology breaks down quite a bit because your only market losers are often only doubles (if you still have the mid point to clear), and therefore, you often have a double with far less than 9 market losers because when you lose your market you lose it by a lot...so in this instance, the Rule of 4 is a better method to know when to double.

Glad you like my videos. I put a lot of time and effort into them as a benefit to USBGF members, but I also get a lot of excellent help from John, Stick, Perry, MCG, Mary Hickey, Bob Koca, Steve Sax, David Rockwell and others in preparing them.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.