[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Proposed World Ranking System

Posted By: Keene
Date: Monday, 18 November 2013, at 5:00 p.m.

In Response To: Proposed World Ranking System (Ken Larsen)

Ken,

Here's some criticism for you. The system you are employing here treats the Advanced players with as much opponent respect as the Open players. For example, I see several Advanced players in that list, and while the qualifying criteria is not unreasonable, it assumes that they are getting their ABT points from events that have equal opponents. This is just a rehash of the argument that there needs to be separation or a differentiation of quality of points between the two divisions.

Another criticism I have is that the list is not representative of the ABT. You picked 28 players, but yet, these are not the top 28 in the 2013 lists. There are a number of names that should be in there - even for illustrative purposes, that arent.

Also, in terms of a 'world ranking' system - how would you rank the european events? do they get the same weighting as the US events? What about size of event? Does a 16 player tournament get the same value as a 64 player event? I know that the ABT points does solve that problem, but is that the right way to do it? I ask the questions, because they need to be asked.

What about the side events. Rod made some excellent points about them - he does enter every event. I enter doubles (quite successfully) at every tournament - does that get the same weight as a normal side event? Lots and lots of questions.

You can call this one an American Ranking system, but until the rest of the events are added, it cannot be world.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.