[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ettiquette corner of Rod Post: the incessant cash gift giver

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2013, at 11:59 p.m.

In Response To: Ettiquette corner of Rod Post: the incessant cash gift giver (Bob Koca)

Bob, Rod failed to mention it, but according to Emily post, the etiquette of another cash-giving occasion is that you put the money on the dresser, or under her pillow, not directly into her hand.

Unless you are in the front seat of your car in a D.C. alley, in which case ... Well, East Coast players like you and Rod will have to fill us in.

By the way I have spent many clueless hours trying to come up with gifts for my brother's family. I see my nephews once or twice a year, ditto my sister-in-law. For instance, my nephew Nick used to eat, sleep, and crap basketball. So one Christmas I sent Hoop Dreams, Hoosiers, Basketball Diaries, One on One. The feedback from my sister-in-law has consistently been "gift cards from Target." Goes against the grain, but such is our modern world.

If you are in an alley with a D.C. hooker, I would advise not giving her a gift card from Target, even in a gift envelope. Like me, they tend to be old fashioned.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.