[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Christmas Presents

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 26 November 2013, at 1:38 a.m.

In Response To: Christmas Presents (rambiz)

I do have all the opening rollouts, more than I know what to do with. How about instead of completing the rollouts posted on this site which would be beyond boring and way way way time consuming on my end I instead make sure XG's opening book is updated with adequate rollouts all around? I know not everyone has XG but I think a good majority of people do esp. that hang out around here.

Your second idea doesn't need a prize pool or the 'year's best players' to be implemented. All that is needed is two players who agree to do it at or outside of a tournament. In various parts of the US there are players who are strong who could feasibly do this whenever since they live so close to each other. Off the top of my head, LA, Chicago, even here in little old Columbus we may not have a ton of players but we have myself, Mary Hickey, and Chris Yep. They could of course also do it and stream it at an ABT event too.

I will agree that it surprises me when I give lessons some of students get more out of random playing than I would have ever expected. Things come up that are overlooked and taken for granted and certainly not incorporated into a lesson and these items help players a lot more than I would have imagined. It's hard to always know what areas of the game to cover and randomly playing and discussing the whats and whys of every play that comes up can be enlightening.

It's hard to tell you what you should have wished for. It depends on how your game is already and what your goals are. People play this game for a lot of different reasons and enjoy a lot of different aspects. Anything that comes to mind you can toss out there.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.