[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mechanics +

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Tuesday, 26 November 2013, at 11:38 a.m.

In Response To: Mechanics + (Stick)

What Goes Around Comes Around

Stick wrote:

What would you rule if a player hit your checker, picked it up, hit his clock, then put it on the bar? ... How is Bill Davis going to rule?

I wondered about this myself.

Your turn is over when you punch the clock. The checker is not on the bar. How do we know where you might have put the thing? Even if we grant that your intention was to put it on the bar, we don’t know that you would have put it there. You might have made a mistake. So put it back where it came from.

This sort of BS is more far-fetched than the limp justifications for Herb Gurland’s actions in Connecticut a few weeks back, but if you supported Herb’s tatics, I don’t think you should complain if someone pulls this on you.

BTW: I agree wholeheartedly with all of your observations regarding mechanincs. There was also quite of bit of quick-rolling going on in some of the matches that were not clocked.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.