[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Elo

Posted By: gudgen
Date: Sunday, 1 December 2013, at 2:04 a.m.

In Response To: Elo (Ken Larsen)

I concur players should not have a choice weather a match is rated or not. Secondly- the players should not have a choice of WHO they play. In SHG (Safe Harbour Games)there are different entities, that run tournaments with different rules. GammonZone http://www.gammonzone.com/(plays in SHG TR 10) has always a host, who selects randomly players from the field in given tournaments. And you'll find quite some World class players: ez2bcubed (Joe Russel);Steamsax (Steve Sax); Mochy (Mochy)-->> Invited for the GRAND slam events only; Mrfunnybunny (Doug--> a world class bridge doubles player); LAT_Ronald (Ronald- I don't have more details) etc. And all of the listed above play World Class. This site insures you play with only 1 nick, are consistent over more than 15 years and have the trust of players. And yes, they use some form of ELO (without going into details) and the DataBase they have amassed over the years is always available. I have a comment on live/online playing and rating, but will post a new thread, as soon I got my data and courage.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.