[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

7positions from last night

Posted By: Keene
Date: Wednesday, 4 December 2013, at 9:56 p.m.

In Response To: 7positions from last night (Rod)

I approach these with a degree of hesitancy. I would also suggest that maybe 7 positions for one post is too many.

1. 9/7,5/1* - Attractive to point, making a 4pt board, and putting white on the roof, but I will take the long approach here, and play to crack open white's homeboard, and trap the inevitable 3pt anchor off (hopefully).

2. R/T - I think the 3 off may be enough to swing this one. I certainly like the redouble part, and think its hard to get the P/T decision right.

3. NRD/T - I think white just wants one little flyshot, and blue is ended.

4. 4/1 seems instinctive to me - dont want to give white the best way out possible. If he's escaping, its with a 6, and not hitting me on the way.

5. 2 off. Moving to 7 off is up to 43% after a hit, which is much better than the 36% for just two extra numbers. (I think). I dont recall my Tardieu table well enough, but I think these numbers are close.

6. I prefer the bar over the 4pt in this position. I think that you have a stronger position (barring 33 as a reply) from there. The 4pt would be nice, but thats only 4 parts of a 5 prime, whereas the bar point is 5 parts of a 6 prime. 13/7,8/7.

7. 12/6,3/1* for me here. I realize blue can wait this out to a degree, but letting white just run away seems like a bad idea. Duping the 4s (entry and hit) seems like a minor thing, but its good enough for me.

All in all, I hope to get 4 right, but could well go 0 and 7 on these!

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.