[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Touch Move Compromise - take pictures

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Thursday, 5 December 2013, at 1:04 a.m.

In Response To: Touch Move Compromise - take pictures (Stick)

Stick, I really share your view on this subject.

But for some people, it's not easy to speak up. We all have different personalities. Some people will even be intimidated in this regard, if their opponent is a "known player" in the region/organization/club/whatever.

Therefore, it's important that the rules clearly makes a point, that you have to move your checkers in a manner, as to which a) you don't mess up, and b) your opponent stand a chance to follow what you're doing.

The rules around the world are a bit different on this subject.

A good example however, can be found in the Swedish rules:

20. Spelare får ej flytta sina brickor fram och tillbaka ohämmat över brädet för att undersöka nya positioner. Spelare rekommenderas att placera brickorna minst 2 cm ovanför den/de bricka/brickor som ligger på den tilltänkta tungan eller brädeskanten ifall tungan är tom.

Which google crunches into this:

20. Players may not move their trays back and forth without restraint across the board to explore new positions. Players are recommended to place the tiles at least 2 cm above the / the washer / washers located on the prospective tongue or board edge if the tongue is empty.

:-)

Well, what it means is, that when "looking at moves", you cannot just shuffle your checkers wildly or unrestrained, but you are recommended to leave them accentuated on the board, about an inch from the other checkers on the same point, or from the edge of the board.

We don't have this rule (yet) in the DBgF, but I've started to do this as a habit, and I really like it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.