[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

your beliefs versus reality

Posted By: Rod
Date: Thursday, 5 December 2013, at 9:16 a.m.

In Response To: So stupid (Joe Russell)

I guess I just don't understand why you would take your beliefs, which contradict the result of every study, and try to warp reality to fit them.

Wouldn't it make more sense to look at the hundreds or thousands of studies conducted and articles written about cheating for nothing of substance and then shape your beliefs around the reality?

The Church argued the sun revolved around the earth in the face of proof to the contrary. It always struck me, and just about everyone else, as a ridiculous thing to do. I wonder why in the face of countless studies on human behavior that contradict your beliefs you still manage to cling to them, arguing repeatedly that you're correct.

Or do you just really deep down know that you're correct so deeply that no matter what evidence you're presented with it's just meaningless drivel?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.