[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New BG book?

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Sunday, 8 December 2013, at 8:23 a.m.

In Response To: New BG book? (David Levy)

I decided to spend the 3.99 for the hell of it.

A third of the book is devoted to advertising their other books and thanking people for the work that was done. A third is a list of players in seemingly (and most likely) random order. And another third that is a quiz where you are given a few letters of a name and blanks to fill in, the remaining letters in random order. and you are to figure out what the correct order of all the letters are to spell out a name. Simple word puzzle. Software generated the quiz from the list of names.

It appears they data mined from a number of sources (probably not many though). One source I think was:

http://www.bkgm.com/features/HallOfFame/

Zoe Cunningham was listed so they must have used another page somewhere to grab names from.

Some people were listed twice (William Robertie and Bill Robertie, Vernon Ball a couple times with different spellings etc). Stick didn't make the list (he was just unlucky enough to not be listed on whatever webpages they mined).

The number 1 player (likely completely random) was Claude Beer.

The books are a scam. I think that was pretty much known from reviews of the other books. They can probably pump these books out enmasse.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.