[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2014 ABT Tournaments

Posted By: Rod
Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2013, at 8:13 a.m.

In Response To: 2014 ABT Tournaments (Stick)

Stick,

You might be being too hard on them. I've sent emails to lots of TD's in the past. The only time I didn't hear back from one was when I asked a question of Howard. At the time I sent it I said, to Debra, "I wonder if he's going to answer it," thinking there was a good chance he wouldn't bother because it was silly. When I called him 2 days later, he said "Rod, I sat down to respond two times and couldn't bring myself to do it"

Patrick, Rory, Neal, Keene, Lynn, Ed, Barry, Linda, Carol, Ross Gordon and others have all responded reasonably promptly when I've contacted them in the past. Maybe that's including phone calls. But I seem to have good thoughts about many TD's responding with info.

Perhaps it is because the info is already there. Perhaps it's because it's you and they figure you might somehow just know.

If I had to spend my time answering a simple question from each of 3 different potential attendees and a book of questions from you… the 3 take precedence. If I was busy at a job and getting ready to run a tournament your email might continue to be at the bottom of the pile.

They should still get back to you but you're not the priority.

If you ran chicagopoint.com or the FB ABT site and they didn't respond that would be a different matter.

Rod

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.