[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Standardized match posting - PR?

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Saturday, 14 December 2013, at 2:53 a.m.

In Response To: Standardized match posting - PR? (Keene)

Very sharp Keene. The main thing to remember about adjusting your play to your opponent is:

(and this is just my opinion)

DON'T.

Seems like I have been, unofficially, wrong 75% of the time when I come up with a "better" play. It's hard enough to know the right play. I make plenty of mistakes still, do it all the time. I have resolved always to make the best play I can, and if my opponent plays incorrectly then that is gravy.

If I slot with an opening 51, then he is going to have to make an error greater than that to offset my game complication ploy. Since 15 numbers will correctly hit my ass right away, he is going to have to blunder mightily to pass me up on the other 21 rolls because he has a minimum 24 pip lead in the race in the other ones.

I think the term Dildonian Defense fits in nicely here. Let me play bad to expose the hopeless tendencies of this particular Neanderthal I have drawn today... lol

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.