[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Interesting Time setting in Cyprus Open

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 15 December 2013, at 3:46 a.m.

In Response To: Interesting Time setting in Cyprus Open (Bob Koca)

The screenshot is so you know what time it is when you left for your break. If I take a picture of only the clock I'll know how much time myself and my opponent had when I got up but what if I get back and it seems like more time has dwindled off my clock than should have? I have no way of knowing that unless I know how much time has passed during my break.

Player A is going to take a break. He takes a picture of the clock then a screenshot of his phone immediately after. Now if anyone tampers with the clock he should notice upon his arrival back and have a way of proving it. Clearly if he thinks something is amiss upon arriving back another screenshot of the time should be taken. Otherwise I'm leaving the clock in the hands of my opponent who could simply reset the time to any random number and it'd be nothing more of a he said/she said when I got back and assuming I noticed brought it up to the TD. I don't want to have to answer the question of the TD asking "Are you sure you had 18 minutes left when you got up and not 8?" "Are you positive that you were only gone 4 minutes and not 9?" Etc...

I am not really worried about this happening but it's one of those things that is so little effort, like looking at my opponent's scoring after each game, that why wouldn't I do it? Any game, esp. when there's money involved, I don't like to leave a major component of it unsupervised with my opponent able to change something majorly in his favor.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.