[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

World-Class Players Not On Stick's List

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Tuesday, 17 December 2013, at 4:24 p.m.

In Response To: On the Fourth Day of Christmas...long (Stick)

Most will agree that filling out a Giant-32 ballot is very difficult. How can anyone be expected to be familiar with all the strong BG players in all corners of the globe? I congratulate Stick for trying to do a thorough job of considering all qualified candidates.

Here are some great players that are not so well known, in no particular order. These five people may all play as well as or better than I do, for whatever that may be worth:

Othello from Japan. He seldom plays outside Japan, but I am sure many of his matches against tough Japanese opponents are available.

Claus Elkin of Denmark, now living in Sweden. Claus won the Nordic in 2009. He is one of the few strong Danes who travels outside Scandinavia to tournaments.

Raj of UK. I believe Stick mentioned he considered Raj.

Tomas Ronn of Sweden. When he lost in the finals of the Swedish Open last year, his average PR in three 7pters (the finals was best 2/3) was under 3.

Tore Fredriksen of Norway is also very strong. He played in the low 2s against me.

I am sure there are also others. CMC is probably stronger than quite a few on Stick's list.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.