[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ken's proposal

Posted By: Ken Larsen
Date: Wednesday, 18 December 2013, at 2:49 a.m.

In Response To: Ken's proposal (Matt Cohn-Geier)

Matt,

I agree with you about PR. Unfortunately PR is not available for everyone on a consistent basis. I wish it were.

Regarding Phipps, Arkady Tsinis, and Michy Kageyama, their ABT totals for the last five years are only 14.25, 4.07, and 3.22 according to http://usbgf.org/member-ratings/ That's why I omitted them in my manual data collection. Barry Silliman is working on a programming change to speed up the data collection process. If he's successful, I'll be able to give stats on many more than my 61 player sample.

I don't mean to imply that my database is perfect. However, I do feel that it should be considered in the Giant Voting. Without it, what do the voters have? They don't have much. Mostly they have anecdotes that have been posted on this forum plus some databases that give point totals ... but point totals are distorted by attendance.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.