[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why i still did not vote for the giants?Overrating players:)

Posted By: Dmitriy Obukhov
Date: Wednesday, 18 December 2013, at 8:50 p.m.

In Response To: Why i still did not vote for the giants?Overrating players:) (Iancho Hristov)

Your PR list influenced my vote. But I think it influenced my vote in a positive way. It is not too hard, for me, to separate top 5 playets from the rest. But when I get beyond, lets say top 10, there are many playets with similar playing strenghts. Before, I would often use your PR data to break the tie. Now I have to rely on my intuotion. I want to give people fair treatment, but it is very difficult to do considering that living in USA, I only get to see oversea players play on GridGammon. Some play more than others, and some hardly play there or don't play at all. I think those players who hardly play on GridGammon, probably have less of a chance to be chosen.

PRs do fluctuate over the time. I can honestly say that my own PR (last 50 matches, mostly 7pt) from playing on GridGammon wasunder 3.5 and over 4.5 several times this year. There are probably many reasons for that, ranging from facing tougher decisions to any excuse (good or bad) people like to give. However, fluctuations are not that big - say about 10%-15% from true average. So, I would not believe in "I am a 4pr player" when his record say6+PR.

Sergey Erokhin (Kabrus) is a tough player, playing around 4PR mark. Also, another player from Russia to pay attention to is Agamir Gevorkyan (Catalonec). His game has been up and down, bit I believe he plays about 4PR. He is 17 years old and won Monte Carlo for kids couple years ago. He also several strong online tournaments against a strong oposition.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.