[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Flaw in PR / Is this wrong?

Posted By: Keene
Date: Thursday, 19 December 2013, at 3:24 p.m.

In Response To: Flaw in PR / Is this wrong? (Rod)

Yes its wrong! If you want to make a statement about quality of play via Performance Rating, then you must include all errors.

If you made a consecutive series of errors on a cube decision, then getting punished for each one is reasonable. If you think that you should remove them since you were using your opponents weaknesses as an excuse, thats just wrong. You made technically wrong decisions. Your combined error should be included.

This (as someone else said) is the price you paid to try and capitalize on your opponents. Was it worth it?

I have found that when you are playing an opponent that will 'take much deeper', you might also find that they might 'pass much sooner' and other such platitudes. Do you think you got your 4 x 0.080 equity back from their eventual plays?

I think if XG reported a 7.whatever, then thats your PR for that match.

Remember, if you do make a play or cube decision based on your opponent, then that decision is only as accurate as you are strong. If you are a 4PR player, then thats your variance on that decision. Sometimes its right to make the sacrifice. I know I have on many occasions, but only when I know FOR SURE that I have the kind of edge that allows for that size of error.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.