[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Where are the Brits, the Italians, and the Turks?

Posted By: Carlo Melzi
Date: Friday, 20 December 2013, at 10:37 a.m.

In Response To: Where are the Brits, the Italians, and the Turks? (Jake Jacobs)

Thanks Jake for the notification. I have been pushing Italian players to vote for the Giants list pretty much everywhere in the last 3 months and I will send a reminder again today.

Let me take this opportunity to ask for a clarification.

One of the Italian players (Dario Bertola) sent his list but his vote was rejected.

He is a regular in the Open-Championship division in Italian tournaments, he plays on GridGammon with rating constantly between 1700-1800, and he is among the top 25 Italian players.

However, he has little international experience, and in 2013 he played for the first time at Montecarlo in the Intermediate division and won it.

After his vote was turned down he wrote a post on the Italian forum and a discussion on the eligibility of players to vote followed.

There was some confusion about the eligibility criteria, and I am afraid this discouraged other players of similar level to vote.

So, I guess the question is: is a significant international experience in the Open-Championship category needed in order to vote? Is there a precise requirement?

Only a few Italian players come to my mind that play regularly in the Championship division at international level.

However, there are at least as many with a high enough level of play and knowledge of the backgammon community (through publications, streaming of matches, online play, backgammon forums, ...) that in my opinion should be aligible to vote.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.