[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

More Gigantic News

Posted By: Christian Munk-Christensen
Date: Tuesday, 24 December 2013, at 8:58 a.m.

In Response To: More Gigantic News (Jake Jacobs)

Since I don't frequent the Giants survey page very often I have no way of knowing what was changed. I hope you didn't change the voting criteria or the description of what to consider when voting in the middle of the voting period. Doing that might render votes already cast invalid or at least inaccurate.

Giants survey page: "He asks them to rank the best players in the world, based on their active involvement with backgammon and their performance over the past two years."

Christian: It seems to me that the criteria are now different from what I remember. "Active involvement" can still be interpreted as if the player should get credit for things that are not related to his playing strength.

English is not my mother tongue so my interpretation of "performance" may be wrong. Isn't performance usually the same as results? Or does performance mean how well was played and not reflect results at all?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.