[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Back Game Quiz, Seminar in Chicago, Memorial Day 2013

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 28 December 2013, at 8:11 a.m.

In Response To: Back Game Quiz, Seminar in Chicago, Memorial Day 2013 (Henrik Bukkjaer)

There is no need to "spend too much time rolling positions in XG". XG thinks this play is very f'in' clear on XGR+. It only takes a few seconds.

I also don't believe it's being wired differently than anyone else. It's a simple matter of studying these types of positions at home. Often with students they won't see certain types of backgame plays. Won't even register a play like breaking the front of a prime. Once they see it a couple times though then it catches their eye in similar positions. Once you've trained yourself to acknowledge that type of play as a candidate picking it out as the correct play is much less of a burden.

I hate the fact that all quizzes are heavily burdened with QF. There's very little one can do about this unless the size of the quiz is gigantic. I would however love to give a quiz where the 'obvious' plays are the correct plays and see everyone talk themselves out of such a play because it's a quiz!

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.