[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

In a NY minute

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 14 January 2008, at 11:40 p.m.

As most have already seen Mary won the doubles event w/Claude carrying her. John O'Hagan also got 2nd in the main, and more importantly, the entire side pool for over a 5k score. Aside from that I don't think anyone we here at BGO scored though I've been known to forget things before.

My personal showing was a joke at best, in all events. Played doubles with Chris Yep, lost in the first round. I don't even want to talk about the main or the World Doubles events. Bill already summed up a bit of it. Below is the position I got gammoned, possibly bg'ed on, to lose the match. I'm not sure of my distribution nor does it really matter, I had all my checkers crunched to a 4pt board. His position I'm 100% certain of and what he rolled on this roll. It wouldn't have seemed so brutal if I wasn't way up in this match with game after game to win the thing. I think I was up -2 -8 or something like that, though I can't find the scoresheet. Then, on top of all that at this score, he didn't even bear off aggressively for the gammon. I can't recreate the entire bearoff so I won't even try, but I believe he had two plays where he should have ripped and instead played like a little girl. Yada yada yada, he left a shot, I fanned on a two point board, I fanned on a one point board, I fanned again on a one point board, great match, well played.

Match to 13, White trails 9 to 11

As far as the big doubles event, I believe I talked Kit into passing one big take that he may have taken had it been himself only. I was feeling so snakebit from the entire weekend and the fact that Ed had hit every shot under the sun I couldn't look at the position as a normal position, I looked at it as a continuation of the bullshit that had been happening all weekend. Who knows, maybe it was a pass, but I don't think so...so publicly my apologies to Kit if we get to see the position and it's a huge take. (he never got around to saying he'd like to take but he was a lot more thorough about going through the position than I was and certainly wasn't convinced it was a pass) Aside from that, I think we played pretty damn good, though I have no pictures or positions from the match. Our opponents, Ed O' & Howard M., didn't play as a team. They also played like ass on a hangover as far as I could tell, though I'm always ready to eat my words should the match log prove otherwise. If it's as bad as I think I don't think we'll ever see the match log, though always happy to eat my foot again ;) Ed was the one who recorded the match, he said he'd send me a copy.

Stick

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.