[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

An interactive backgammon training website.

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Friday, 3 January 2014, at 1:02 a.m.

In Response To: An interactive backgammon training website. (Giorgos Tzampanakis)

I played with it long enough to crack the leader board. =)

My overall impression: cool idea, not a bad implementation. There is some criticism of a leader board on this thread. So what, people will cheat. Who cares? I like to have something to shoot for.

My biggest criticism is that there are two types of positions that you absolutely have to cull from the database: (1) plays that are stone cold, blindingly obvious. But that's not the worst of it. (2) There are plays that are FORCED!!! When you include obvious plays, you're wasting my time. When you include forced plays, you're really really wasting my time.

I think it would be interesting to make the problem selection dynamic. You keep a database of results... problems that people get wrong will be chosen more often. Problems that are gotten right by lots of people are discarded, or at least chosen less often.

I'd like to know your formula for the ratings.

For Version 1.0, not bad. Get rid of the obvious and forced plays, and we've got something interesting.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.