[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2014 Texas Backgammon Championships -- San Antonio

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Saturday, 4 January 2014, at 6:00 p.m.

Our numbers are looking great -- I have every belief the tournament will be larger and better this year than last year.

I caught a bit of grief last year for touting all of the Giants attending and perhaps slighting other players. Let me say every player is important and it takes many players of every skill level, in every division, and in all events to make a successful tournament and to provide a great social event in the backgammon community.

However, even recognizing last year's great Championship Division field, I will simply, boldly state that this year's Championship Division field will be larger, stronger, and with greater depth.

Tara and I were overwhelmed and so fulfilled by the all of the support which made last year's tournament so successful. Everyone loved our 'destination tournament event' concept. The great experience had by all and shared by all with so many others is making for another stellar event this year.

There will be so much for all to do. On the backgammon side of the tournament we'll have the ABT Championship, Advanced, and Limited tournaments; we'll have the USBGF Tournament of Stars and the National Championship Western Division; we'll have the innovative Dual-Duel tournament; we'll have Seniors, Doubles, and DMP Free-Roll events; we'll have the unique, free-entry Ultimate Backgammon Challenge tourney for less experienced players; and more.

We'll have seminars geared toward all participants. Phil Simborg and I will host a 'Ask the Professor/Ask the Director' session Friday afternoon to answer any and all questions that less experienced players may have about play and about the tournament environment experience. Phil will give a Sunday morning interactive lecture including two Giants playing. Phil will host another seminar specifically geared toward the less experienced players. Mochy will conduct another of his popular proficiency exams. Players may take the exam Friday afternoon and Mochy will conduct a session later in the weekend reviewing the results.

Beyond backgammon we have all the sights, history, restaurants and activities of San Antonio -- last year many who had never before visited the city were blown away by all it offers visitors. We have an NBA game, we have a Super Bowl party, we have our Backgammon Widows' Receptions, we have a trail ride and parade passing immediately in front of the hotel. Last year many stayed extra days before and/or after the tournament to enjoy the city -- and loved it. Many are doing the same this year.

We will again employ dedicated, continuous dual-streaming over all four tournament days to provide as much great backgammon viewing as possible to the global internet backgammon audience.

This will be a great event for the backgammon community. We hope you can join us.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.