[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I Do Not Qualify To cast a Giant ballot??

Posted By: Prince Barlow
Date: Monday, 6 January 2014, at 8:52 p.m.

I wanted to place my vote for who I think the best backgammon player in the world is but I was told my vote will not count by someone significant in the ballot process (although this person does not have the last say alone). The ballot says "To be eligible to vote, you must be an Open / Championship-level player or a tournament director / organizer at the regional, national or international level.. "

I asked about turning in my vote and this ensued

Case: You are not an open player. Your vote will not count.

My argument: In late 2012 I decided to play in open main event tournaments only. I have played in the open main event in 3 of the last 4 tournaments I played in, but I have always played open doubles.

Case: You have not played or seen enough of the best players around the world.

My argument: How long do I have to wait? How many people do I have to play? I have played 20 of the top 32 players either online, in tournament, in chouette, or reviewed and attempted to analyze matches they have played more times than I can count. While I agree I am not a top level championship player, most people that know me personally or who have played me will contend that I at minimum belong in the open thus qualifying me to vote.

I believe I have played or watched matches from enough of the best players (including those outside the USA) to cast a good vote. I'm not a professional basketball player but I know Lebron James is One of the best if not the best player in the NBA, I know Peyton Manning is a great quarterback, I would have voted for Jameis Winston to win the Heisman etc.

Question 1: Should my vote Count?

Question 2: Why or why should it not count?

Question 3: Define Open player?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.