[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

1990 Monte Carlo - Heinrich/Lidov - Woolsey

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 15 January 2008, at 10:00 p.m.

I've owned this for quite some time, written by Kit, and while there are some interesting positions what's most fascinating to me is how piss poor the game was played before the bots. For most of you this comes as no surprise, but since I never played before the bots existed, I can't even imagine making some of these plays and it's hard for me to imagine what people were thinking at the time. Even a lot of Kit's comments are way off the mark though I'm sure at the time he was still years ahead of his opponents as he is now.

GNU gave an equivalent Snowie error rate of around 6 for each participant over 19 games though I can't believe it is that low. Both of them are labeled as *intermediates* so I guess it's correct...it's about how I'd expect a rank intermediate to play. The first game in the session they both came in as "Awful!" with error rates in the twenties!?

No real point to this post ... I'm off to run through the match a third time and maybe pull some positions to post.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.