[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

bgTranscribe: Automatically Transcribe Films of Matches (pre announcment)

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Thursday, 9 January 2014, at 7:37 a.m.

In Response To: bgTranscribe: Automatically Transcribe Films of Matches (pre announcment) (sita)

Howdy,

First I tried OpenCV own my Linux system and had no issues with the code in question. I could open up an arbitrary MP4 file (like your m.mp4) and it worked.

I decided to download the 2.4.8 OpenCV onto a Windows system that I had eclipse on and JRE1.7. After adding the OpenCV jar file to my eclipse environment I was able to run your application and the call to vc.open would return false. I discovered that it was failing to load ffmpeg DLL and that seemed to cascade into the return result of False.

On 2.4.8 there are a number of copies of the ffmpeg files, however ones that appear to work here on my 64 Bit Win7 system are in the VC10 build directory. In order for the DLLs to be found I copied them to the windows system directories where the DLL's reside.

In particular I simply copied (from the OpenCV directory):

opencv\build\x64\vc10\bin\opencv_ffmpeg248_64.dll to c:\windows\system32 and then copied opencv\build\x86\vc10\bin\opencv_ffmpeg248.dll to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory . This assumes you are on a 64Bit Windows OS. They can technically be copied to anywhere on the Windows path (In theory - but I didn't try it). I put them in the windows directory because I knew they would be found there.

On 32 Bit OSes you only need copy opencv\build\x86\vc10\bin\opencv_ffmpeg248.dll to c:\windows\system32

Once I had the dlls in place I reran the test and it vc.open came back true.

I have a feeling that you might want to consider copying all the opencv_* DLLs from the opencv\build\x86\vc10\bin and opencv\build\x64\vc10\bin to the appropriate system directories.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.