[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Forum change request

Posted By: Michael Petch
Date: Friday, 10 January 2014, at 6:38 p.m.

I have meant to ask about this previously. I'm wondering if you might be willing to change the config here so that $SingleLineBreaks is set to 1. Often when I am doing a simple list of things and don't feel the need for preview I end up finding my list to be forced into a single line. Even when I do use preview I have to go back and enter extra blank lines which I find to be a pain. Making this change won't alter previous posts, just future one. It doesn't affect posted board diagrams from the bots. I had done some testing to make sure that was the case.

I know in the past I haven't been the only one caught by this.

$SingleLineBreaks: WebBBS automatically recognizes a double line break or an indentation (either a tab or multiple spaces) as the start of a new paragraph. If this variable is set to “0″ any single line breaks will be ignored. If it is set to “1″ any single line breaks will be converted to tags. The former option is usually preferable if most posts consist of straight text. If, however, those posting on your board frequently post itemized lists, you may want to use the second option, to allow more accurate formatting.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.