[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My matches in New York Metropolitan Open 2014

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Saturday, 18 January 2014, at 7:20 p.m.

In Response To: My matches in New York Metropolitan Open 2014 (Jason Lee)

Hi Jason, thanks for your thoughts. I didn't go through the match in details I must admit, so I haven't "evaluated" your adjustments. Typically we overlook the optimal adjustments from the underdog completely - because when we get to a level where we become aware of this, and start discussing it with others, we're typically not the dogs anymore ;-) But it is just as important. The problem however, is that it's difficult to do such adjustments - especially if we don't know from where our higher "base PR" comes (are we normally too aggressive or too passive, or do we mess up checkerplays, etc.).

To me, from the small parts I have seen here, I'd guess that you were a bit too passive on the cube in game 3 (though you didn't miss the window in the actual game), and maybe a tad too aggressive in the last one showing (but that is the right way to adjust).

Thanks for the detailed rollouts - it clearly emphasize (to me at least) that Mochy didn't adjust enough in his take in game 3. But instead chose to play a solid world class match, with a super impressive low PR! If you're going to through away some real life equity, you might as well do it in style. And I'll be the first to admit that I'd wish I had the ability to do it ;-)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.