[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giving up the last chance is just bad

Posted By: Mochy
Date: Friday, 24 January 2014, at 4:09 p.m.

I saw the post somewhere, but let me be straight and express my opinion.

Giving up the last chance is just bad because it is against a spirit of the tournament, not because unethical to the buyer of the auction.
It is sad to see the director calling many names on sunday morning.

Especially when you already commit to play the tournament until sunday, why do you quit? Yes, you have time to play because I know you would play if it were final of the main.
Why do you burn $50 or $100 equity ? You can just try your luck before you go home.
Tired? Sleepy? Family? Work tomorrow? Yes we are all so.

I would like to add one more thing. In the tournament in USA, usually there is no prize giving ceremony. It is not the case in Europe or in Japan.
Most tournaments in Europe and Japan has the ceremony. Although many tournaments offer free food and drink in the prize giving, it is not necessary (of course its better!).
The only need is applause to the winner. You might think not many people gonna stay for the ceremony without food and drink, but I disagree. Nordic Open and Japan Open is the good examples where you see 50-60 people (maybe 100 in Denmark) sitting for the ceremony.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.