[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Podium's, Award Ceremonies and Other Acknowledgement's-little long

Posted By: Keene
Date: Friday, 24 January 2014, at 9:15 p.m.

In Response To: Podium's, Award Ceremonies and Other Acknowledgement's-little long (Fatboy)

I agree with Mochy's thoughts on this. I also agree with having a winners ceremony type thing. However, an impression I have is that there are travel concerns for many people, and being able to leave earlier is a thing that they want to do - this could be because they have a very long drive ahead of them, or limited flight options. Convincing average tournament players to stay an extra night at a 2 day tournament, just so they can applaud winners, asking them to pay for an extra night at the hotel - its just not going to be widely accepted.

There's the other big challenge. The type of tournament that gets run here includes all sorts of side events, and they often get finished AFTER main tournament events. This makes it exceptionally hard to schedule an awards ceremony - especially on a tighter timescale.

Perhaps the answer is fewer trophy events, more non-trophy events.

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.